POSITION VACANT, Gold Coast:
General Manager Iconic Resort
Competitive remuneration package
Full Time Management employment, Coolangatta QLD
Our organisation operates a number of holiday and permanent letting businesses across Queensland.
A unique role has become vacant at one of our Gold Coast properties that requires a person that has gained experience in the area of Strata Management, with an emphasis on working with Body Corporates and exposure to Management Rights.
There are two high rise schemes located adjacent to each other over a number of commercial lots. Each building has its own building managers who live on-site and they are responsible after hours 7 days a week. Presently, this will be an off-site living role with office attendance Monday to Friday 8am to 4.30pm.
The staff are employed under an Award with the exception of the Housekeepers who are contractors.
Located in one of the most iconic buildings on the Gold Coast that is beachside, this role involves:
• Management of the building managers and the staff ensuring their well-being and our obligations under WH&S legislation. To implement any staff training required to our front line staff.
• Ensuring full compliance with the Caretaking and Letting Agreements of the business, ensuring open communications with the Bodies Corporate.
• Delivering to the strata owners within our letting pool income the maximum possible income in line with our agreement with them.
• Maintaining the letting pool numbers and identifying new opportunities to increase this number.
• To be responsible for the all Public Area Cleaning staff, Front Office & Reservations staff ensuring the highest standard of service is delivered.
• Rostering staff to ensure both sufficient manpower, whilst maintaining a wages budget.
• Be responsible for the selection of and the execution of works by Contractors.
• Supervise Room Cleaning Contractors to maintain high quality of work.
• Liaising with the Marketing Department to ensure the highest yield is obtained for the strata owners and marketing campaigns are executed in line with available occupancy.
• Ensuring all owners are treated equitably in income within each room category
Specific Body Corporate responsibilities and duties for the two schemes:
• Report to the Residential Committees on all caretaking matters.
• Prepare the Building Managers Reports quarterly and then attend and present these at the Residential Body Corporate Meetings.
• Attend Building Management Group Meetings when required (Retail & Residential.)
• Liaise with Retail Caretakers – 2 Schemes
• Arrange works as per Committee Requests and where required act as a conduit between the instructions of the Body Corporate and the Contractors.
• Ensure Adherence to the By-law of the Schemes and Caretaking Agreements.
• Approval of Body Corporate Invoices, noting when a shared cost - both Schemes.
• Approval of Management invoices for processing and correct data entry into PMS.
• Trust account management - rolling the end of the month – general checking of statements.
This is an autonomous role, supported by the Director who is involved with the oversight of this and other properties. You will report directly to the Director both formally and informally, so he in turn can communicate with other key stakeholders.
A professional approach and clear, positive communication style will be essential in dealing with Owners, the Body Corporate Committee and when required Guests.
A current Restricted Letting Agents license is desirable.
This management position is suited to the person whose background encompasses the specific needs of the role and we are looking for an applicant ready to start immediately.
Salary will be negotiable, commensurate with experience.
Conversely an opportunity exists to join the partnership who have owned this business for a number of years, returning a higher than industry average return from the investment AND a managers salary in this administrative role.